Weekly COVID-19 Data for Maynard, MA - Through 12/8/20

I'm starting to get scared of the trends here in Maynard.  If the trend of skyrocketing covid in the Boston area wastewater is any indication of what could be happening here in Maynard, the shit is really gonna hit the fan soon.  Positive covid tests tend to show up anywhere from 4 to 10 days after covid is detected in wastewater.

I've also started graphing the daily* cumulative cases in Maynard - since the data is not archived, and I only started tracking it on December 1st, the graph starts at that date.  There has been a 24% increase in cumulative cases in just 10 days (from 12/1 to 12/10)!  If that fact doesn't put things into perspective, I'm not sure what will.  Please stay safe, everyone.  And share this widely - if this blog can help just one person take this pandemic more seriously, then I've done my job.

*The town does not publish updates on weekends. I am aware that there are minor discrepancies between the daily and weekly counts, which could be due to any number of factors.  Don't focus on the exact numbers as much as the overall trends.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Data for Maynard, MA - Weekly Through 12/22/20, Daily Through 12/28/20