Weekly COVID-19 Data for Maynard, MA - Through 12/15/20

My fellow Maynardians: we are continuing to go in the wrong direction. 😟 
If our percent positivity rate goes much higher, we will be categorized by the MA Dept. of Public Health as a red community (the threshold is 5% and we are at 4.84%).  From just December 1st to the 17th, our cumulative cases have increased by 40%.

While a small number of people have started getting vaccinated, it's going to take at least until at summer or fall to achieve herd immunity (and that's assuming enough people get vaccinated, and that immunity lasts long enough, among other factors). I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but this is no time to celebrate and let our guard down.

If you are considering traveling for the holidays and/or spending them with people outside your covid bubble, please take a look at these graphs and really think about the risk you are putting yourself and others in. And whatever you do, please wear a mask, maintain social distance, and wash your hands! Thank you! 😷🙏







Comments

  1. I was not aware of this! Thank you! And thanks to Magical Maynard for posting this because I wasn't aware of this blog either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hadn't even thought to post on Magical Maynard, but I will from now on. :)

      Delete
    2. I don't think it's one where you can post what you want, but there might be other Maynard Facebook pages where you can do that. - Janet

      Delete
    3. Ah, I see. I already post to "Maynard Friends & Families" and "Everything Maynard". I believe people have been posting it to "Real Housewives of Maynard", of which I'm not a member.

      Delete
    4. Oh, good! Yeah, don't be a member of RHoM. I was a member for a very, very short time. It was upsetting. It's the reason Maynard Friends & Family was born (and designed to be a friendly place) and I think I even had a bit of input in its creation.

      Delete
    5. Hi Janet,
      Yup - I was also a member for a short time, and I left b/c some friends and I kept getting cyberbullied. So yeah, I can totally empathize with your experience there. I know a few of the folks involved in creating MF&F - thanks for your input!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Data for Maynard, MA - Weekly Through 12/22/20, Daily Through 12/28/20